Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hillary Clinton on Marriage

"I know the truth of my life and of my marriage, my relationship and partnership, my deep abiding friendship with my husband. It's been enormously supportive to me through most of my life. Now obviously we've had challenges as everybody in the world knows. But I never doubted that it was a marriage worth investing in even in the midst of those challenges . . . and I'm really happy that I made that decision. Again, not a decision for everybody. And I think it's so important for women to stand up for the right of women to make a decision that is best for them."

Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.), responding to a question about her marriage in an interview with Essence magazine, excerpted online yesterday. Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Image: Hillary and Bill Clinton